Thursday, October 22, 2015

How to Express My Anger to My Guy About His Behavior

Expressing anger in a relationship can be overwhelming and scary; however, it is necessary if you want the relationship to continue. A healthy relationship exists with a free exchange of communication, so it is important that you speak up to have your needs met. When expressing anger, don't immediately blow up at your partner for things he's done. Instead, take a few moments (or days even) to think about the issue so that you can explain it to him calmly and rationally.

Instructions

    1

    Identify what exactly it is you're angry about. Sometimes your anger over another issue can translate to anger over an aspect of his behavior. Take some time to reflect, talk to a friend or therapist or write down what exactly you're feeling. Speaking to a friend or therapist about these issues may help you understand if you are overreacting to a situation or making unfair demands. If, on self-reflecting and discussion, you find that your points are valid, proceed to speaking to your partner.

    2

    Recognize anger before it becomes a full blown fight. Chuck T. Falcon of Sensible Psychology says that anger is often manifested in sarcastic comments or failure to follow through with promises. These can be the beginning stages of anger in you or your partner, so it is important to recognize them before things get out of hand. Do not bring up the issue if you feel one of you is about to get very angry.

    3

    Write down exactly what you're angry about so that you can express your anger effectively. Take a list when you talk if you'd like to ensure you hit all of the points you'd like to address.

    4

    Set down ground rules for your conversation. Ask that he respects you and allows you to talk without interruptions. Show him the same courtesy.

    5

    Present your problem in a logical, controlled way. Use "I" statements such as "I feel (blank) when you (do the behavior I dislike)." Essence.com's article, "Ways to Properly Express Anger at Your Man" says that using "I" statements helps you take control and ownership of your anger. If you feel yourself becoming heated or sense he is about to become very angry, take a time out and discuss the issue at a later date after both of you have calmed down.

    6

    Avoid common communication issues when stating your anger. Chuck T. Falcon identifies some of these as attacking sensitive areas as a means to hurt your partner, blaming, overgeneralizing (such as saying "You never take the garbage out when I ask"), arguing about another issue or bringing up old issues.

    7

    Discuss a way to solve the issue together. Remember that issues may not change overnight, but it is important that you keep open communication and resolve to work on your relationship together.


  • How To Make A Guy Fall In Love With You: Win Over His Heart

    howtomakeaguyfallinlovewithyou.info

    How To Make A Guy Fall In Love With You Only Enter If You Want To Know How To Make A Man Fall In Love With You In Detail.

  • Child Anger Revealed - How to Manage Your Child's Anger

    www.manageyourchild.com

    Learn the secrets to manage and deal with your defiant child's anger effectively

  • Stonewalling: How Abusers Express Anger by Saying Nothing at All

    nybride710.hubpages.com Mental Health Personality Disorders

    When most people think of aggression, they think of shouting or physical violence, but sulking and refusing to talk is a form of passive aggression that doesn't get ...

  • How To Get Your Ex-Boyfriend Back

    howtogetyourexboyfriendback.com

    How to get your ex boyfriend back! ... D ear Broken Hearted Girlfriend, Hello. We are Glass Slipper Publications, but we're also better known as the Breakup Gurus.

  • My Husband Hurt My Feelings! How to Get Him to Be More ...

    ezinearticles.com Relationships Marriage

    Aug 30, 2010 "My husband hurt my feelings." That statement is always said with some sadness. Our spouse is the person we're closest to. They are supposed to be our ...

  • How to Be a Man

    www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2008/05/how-to-be-a-man

    What does it mean to be a man today? How can men consciously express their masculinity without becoming cold or closed-hearted on the one hand or wimpy and ...

  • How to Attract Women - How to Meet Women

    www.attractwomenprogram.com

    How to Attract Women With Alpha Male Confidence - Learn the secrets of what women want in a man by...

  • My Husband is Angry With Me - Insight Into His Behavior and How to ...

    ezinearticles.com Relationships Marriage

    Mar 12, 2010 "My husband is angry with me and I feel like he doesn't love me anymore." Sadly, that statement is one that many women make on a daily basis.

  • How to Express Difficult Feelings

    www.drnadig.com/feelings.htm

    guidelines for expressing difficult feelings, difference between thoughts and feelings, how to express feelings, common mistakes.

  • how to stop my husband from yelling at me? - Anger Management ...

    www.medhelp.org/posts/Anger-Management/how-to-stop-my-husband-from...

    My husband and I have been together for 7+ years and married for 4 years now and we have a 20 month old son. We are both working professionals. Ever since I have been ...

  • Alcoholic Behaviors:How to Identify Alcohol Addiction Patterns

    www.drug-and-alcohol-rehab-info.com/.../index.php/alcoholic-behaviors

    There are some typical alcoholic behaviors despite the fact that someone who drinks often will work hard at masking the problem and staying undetected, similar to ...

  • Get Your ANGRIES Out

    www.angriesout.com/index.htm

    Got mads? Get 'em out! Constructive anger management techniques for children, parents, couples, adults and teachers. Award winning site with write-in features about ...

  • Parenting Advice - How To Information eHow

    www.ehow.com Parenting General Parenting

    Don't just sit there scratching your head, find useful info on Parenting Advice on eHow. Get essential tips and learn more about everything from How to Teach a Child ...

  • How can I get my child to stop hitting me? BabyCenter

    www.babycenter.com Toddler Behavior Behavior Problems

    Dr. Penelope Leach says when your toddler behaves aggressively, be clear with him that it's not his anger you disapprove of, but his violent expression of it.

  • 3 Ways to Control Anger - wikiHow

    www.wikihow.com Managing Negative Feelings Anger Management

    How to Control Anger. Everyone gets angry on occasion. If you're experiencing overwhelming rage, though, it could be damaging your mental and physical health.

  • How Can I Convince My Ex Boyfriend To Get Back Together With

    www.articlesbase.com Relationships Breakup

    If you have recently broken up with your ex boyfriend, then you might be asking yourself "How can I convince my ex boyfriend to get back together with me?".

  • Are You His Holiday in Goa? How to know if hes taking ...

    myindianlove.com/relationships/are-you-his-holiday-in-goa...

    My Indian Man likes to tease me sometimes by saying I'm his "Holiday in Goa". To this I just laugh and roll my eyes. I know I'm not, so he can tease all he wants.

  • Wonder How To Show & Tell for Creators & Doers

    www.wonderhowto.com

    Wonder How To is your guide to free how to videos on the Web. Search, Browse and Discover the best how to videos across the web using the largest how to video index ...

  • Why do I get angry with people close to me and how do I stop ...

    ask.metafilter.com/38439/Why-do-I-get-angry-with-people-close-to...

    May 21, 2006 I am a nice person to friends and strangers. I'm often complimented on my laid back friendly nature and my ability to stay even keeled at all times.

  • Get A Man Attracted - How To Get A Man To Want You, Commit,

    getamanattractedtoyou.com

    Get A Man Attracted To You - Learn how to get a man attracted to you, how to get a man to want you, get a man to commit, and how to get a man interested in

  • Kids Behavior - How To Information eHow

    www.ehow.com Parenting Children

    Don't just sit there scratching your head, find useful info on Kids Behavior on eHow. Get essential tips and learn more about everything from How to Stop a Child From ...

  • How to Recognize a Passive-Aggressive Person Relationship

    www.forrelationshiphelp.com/2011/how-to-recognize-a-passive...

    Relationship Help! Relationship help for anyone who interacts with other humans. Love, work, family, friends they're all relationships. We can help.

  • CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

    www.cnn.com/videoVideo U.S Live Schedule Politics Justice

    If you get CNN at home, you can watch it online and on the go for no additional charge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment