Saturday, October 18, 2014

If My Ex-Girlfriend Claims That She Lives With Me, How Do I Evict Her?

If you have broken up with your girlfriend and she claims she lives with you, even though she doesn't, you are well within your rights to evict her. If the lease is in your name, she is not legally a part of your household. Evicting an ex-girlfriend is less a matter of what to do and more a matter of what not to do. In emotional situations like this, it is easy to leave yourself wide open to civil or criminal charges, so it is important that you conduct yourself in a calm and logical manner.

Instructions

    1

    Give her written notice that she is to leave your property at a certain time. This can be any time that you want, but it should be soon enough so that she has to take action, and far enough away so that she has time to pack her belongings. A day or two should suffice.

    2

    Agree on a time -- if you can -- when she can pack her things while you are out of the house. This will make the eviction process easier on both of you.

    3

    Change the locks. Once the deadline you've given her has passed, she has no right to be in the house without your permission. Changing the locks is the most effective way to make sure she leaves. Even if she's there when you change them, she will have no way to get back into the house when she leaves (and she'll have to leave at some point).

    4

    Leave her personal belongings alone. Do not put her things outside, as she can sue you if they are damaged or stolen.

    5

    Keep away from her. If you forcibly try to evict her you could end up with an assault conviction. This is why changing the locks is such a good way to deal with this situation.



  • How do I evict my ex-girlfriend? - eviction Ask MetaFilter

    ask.metafilter.com/54683/How-do-I-evict-my-exgirlfriend

    Jan 09, 2007 What is the best way to evict your ex-girlfriend? ... I've been living with my girlfriend for almost 2 years. I have told her on many occasions that I want ...

  • My boyfriend still talks to his ex-girlfriend, even though he ...

    www.answerbag.com Relationship Problems Problems With An Ex

    My boyfriend still talks to his ex-girlfriend, even though he knows it hurts my feelings. He says they're just friends. What should I do? I have been seeing a guy for ...

  • How to Evict My Girlfriend eHow

    www.ehow.com Dating Dating & Resolving Conflict

    Things are not working out. You want her to move out. This is a tricky situation that needs to be handled with tact and diplomacy. There may actually be two tasks you ...

  • Get Your Ex Lover Back In Your Life And In Love With You Again ...

    lonelinesstohappiness.com

    You can still get your ex back in your life and very much in love with you again. Learn a cutting edge approach to get your ex lover or spouse back and give your ...

  • How To Get Your Ex Back? - WARNING: Top 10 Mistakes To Avoid

    www.datingadvicesecrets.com/men/10-mistakes-with-ex-lover

    What some MAJOR F*@K UPs statistics say youre most likely to make right now.

  • Pearl's Window

    www.pearlswindow.com

    Dear Miss Pearl, I found out that I'm adopted through a family member who doesn't really like me and I think she told me just to start confusion between myself and my ...

  • Celebrity News Celebrity Gossip - Yahoo! omg!

    omg.yahoo.com/news

    Get the latest celebrity news from Yahoo! omg! Find the latest news about the Hollywood celebrities with videos and photos

  • News Star Magazine

    starmagazine.com/news

    Find Out Why Miley Cyrus Loves Her Haters By Alyssa Norwin, July 19, 2013. In her new song We Cant Stop, Miley Cyrus sings, Forget the ...

  • How to Evict Someone Who Lives With You eHow

    www.ehow.com Legal Other Areas of Law Real Estate Law

    Evicting a roommate, subtenant or family member can be a tricky situation. In certain situations, you are not allowed to evict; the rest require you to go through a ...

  • My girlfriend won't have sex with me - Relationships - MedHelp

    www.medhelp.org/.../My-girlfriend-wont-have-sex-with-me/show/956474

    I'm 19 and so is my partner. We've been together for nearly two years. But we only have sex about once or twice a week. I do beliveve in romance, snd i do make quite ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment