Wednesday, June 18, 2014

How to Console My Boyfriend When His Dad Has Died

Part of being in a relationship is about dealing with tough times and getting passed hardships. One issue you might face with your boyfriend is the death of his father, which can be a challenging time for both of you. Consoling your boyfriend through the grave loss of his father will demonstrate your love and support and can help ease him through his grieving process.

Instructions

    1

    Talk to him and make it clear that you are available during this trying time. Simply knowing you are there and that the lines of communication are open can be consoling.

    2

    Offer specific ways to help rather than saying, "I'm here for you." Prepare meals for him in advance; do his laundry; clean the house; walk the dog. Helping him get through the day reminds him that he isn't in this alone.

    3

    Listen when he is ready to talk. Allow him to air his feelings without talking about how you feel. Avoid trying to empathize by talking about tough situations you've been through. Although you mean to help, it can seem like you are saying that his grief is no different than anyone else's. Don't give unsolicited advice, which can be irritating to a person who needs to grieve and talk about his emotions.

    4

    Be there for him physically as well as emotionally. This doesn't mean that you have to be intimate in a sexual way. Genuine affection in the form of a comforting arm around his shoulders, hugs, or cuddling in bed can demonstrate your care and concern.

    5

    Watch that his grieving does not become detrimental to him. It is perfectly acceptable for him to want to avoid doing things or even avoid talking to people during this time. But turning to substances, or threatening harm on himself are signals that he may need professional help. If you notice these signs, talk to his loved ones about options, or offer suggestions for support groups or grief counselors in the area.



  • How to console a person who has recently lost her loved one

    madisonparker.hubpages.com Explore Gender and Relationships

    It is always difficult to know what to do to help someone who has lost someone they love. I have tried to avoid this all of my life. My husband, however, faces death ...


  • 10 Things to do While Your Boyfriend Plays His Games The

    thecoolship.com/2011/11/17/10-things-to-do-while-your-boyfriend...

    Around this time of year, every single year, we hear the same things come out of girls mouths. Call of Duty stole my boyfriend. All he does is play that ...


  • How to Console Someone Who Has Lost a Parent eHow

    www.ehow.com Health Family Health Death & Mourning

    The death of a parent is often one of the most devastating events in a person's life. Trying to console someone who has lost a parent can be a complicated and ...


  • Dear Zachary: A Letter to a son about his father

    dearzachary.com

    Dear Zachary: A Letter from a Father to His Son ... One of the Best Films of 2008 Dear Zachary: a letter to a song about his father


  • Ariel Castro: Son of 'abductor' reveals how his father padlocked ...

    www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2320902

    May 08, 2013 Chilling photographs from 2001 show a grinning Ariel Castro standing in front of a locked door - behind which an unimaginable horrors may have been ...


  • How To Make Your Ex Boyfriend Want You Back In 5 Easy

    breakupnot.com/how-to-make-your-ex-boyfriend-want-you-back-in-5...

    How To Make Your Ex Boyfriend Want You Back. Guys are a strange set of creatures, they always want what they cant have. If you plan to make your ex boyfriend want ...


  • How To Get An Ex Boyfriend Back - The Complete Guide

    essy84.hubpages.com Breaking Up

    How to get your ex boyfriend back? Most girls make big mistakes when they try to get their ex boyfriend back. Learn how to avoid those mistakes, and hugely improve ...


  • What Do I Do If My Father Has Died & I Am the Executor of His ...

    www.ehow.com Money Managing Personal Money Management

    What Do I Do If My Father Has Died & I Am the Executor of His Estate?. If you were named executor to your father's will, you are responsible for settling your father ...


  • How did Farrah Abraham's baby daddy Derek Underwood die?

    starcasm.net/archives/27125

    Read about the tragic death of Derek Underwood, father of 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham's daughter Sophia. Includes links to news reports and updates


  • Ariel Castro: Son of 'abductor' reveals how his father padlocked ...

    www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2320902

    May 08, 2013 Chilling photographs from 2001 show a grinning Ariel Castro standing in front of a locked door - behind which an unimaginable horrors may have been ...


  • Father of girls killed in Christmas Day fire sues city, ex-wife's ...

    usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/07/12/12703115-father-of-girls...

    The father of the three girls killed in a Christmas morning house fire has sued the city of Stamford, Conn., his ex-wife's contractor boyfriend and several others who ...


  • Still Grieving Seven Years After My Dad Died Hello Grief

    www.hellogrief.org/seven-years-later

    Seven years after her Dad's unexpected death, bereaved teenager Samantha Halle talks about how it's the unexpected little things within which grief hides.


  • A Letter To My EX Boyfriend A Blog A Day

    ablogaday.wordpress.com/2006/12/29/a-letter-to-my-ex-boyfriend

    Dec 29, 2006 It\'s a blog where I write about the extraordinary and the ordinary things going on in my life.


  • How did Farrah Abraham's baby daddy Derek Underwood die?

    starcasm.net/archives/27125

    Read about the tragic death of Derek Underwood, father of 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham's daughter Sophia. Includes links to news reports and updates


  • My boyfriend has depression and he has pushed me away

    www.uncommonforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1352

    Light Lounge ... "Psychology forum home -> Depression -> My boyfriend has depression and he has pushed me away My boyfriend has depression and he has pushed me


  • Pearl's Window

    www.pearlswindow.com

    Sittin' on my front porch, nothing gets by me. I see it all, I hear it all, and trust and believe, Miss Pearl KNOWS it all!

  • How Can I Get Pregnant? My Pregnancy Miracle Story

    www.howcanigetpregnant.org

    At 32, my doctors told me I would never be get pregnant. At 36, I proved them wrong. Now I teach other women to do the same!

  • should i let my boyfriend sign the birth certificate? BabyCenter

    www.babycenter.com/400_should-i-let-my-boyfriend-sign-the-birth...

    my boyfriend and i are getting very serious and are planning on getting married in the near future.he is not the father of my child but he really wants to sign the ...

  • How to console a person who has recently lost her loved one

    madisonparker.hubpages.com Explore Gender and Relationships

    It is always difficult to know what to do to help someone who has lost someone they love. I have tried to avoid this all of my life. My husband, however, faces death ...

  • How Can I Write A Letter To My Friend, Condoling The Death Of His ...

    www.blurtit.com Writing

    Answer (1 of 7): Here is a sample:I was greatly shocked to learn from your letter about sad and untimely demise of your affectionate mother. May her soul rest in peace.

  • How to Wiggle Your Ears: 5 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

    www.wikihow.com Tricks and Pranks Body Tricks

    How to Wiggle Your Ears. We all have muscles that will move our ears around a little bit. The general consensus is that the ability to wiggle your ears is thanks to ...

  • Modern Manners Guy : What to Say When Someone Dies ::

    manners.quickanddirtytips.com/how-to-console-when-someone-dies.aspx

    Richie Frieman's perspective on manners stems from his rather colorful career history which includes stints as a professional artist and a professional wrestler.

  • 10 Things to do While Your Boyfriend Plays His Games The

    thecoolship.com/2011/11/17/10-things-to-do-while-your-boyfriend...

    Around this time of year, every single year, we hear the same things come out of girls mouths. Call of Duty stole my boyfriend. All he does is play that ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment